How To Practice Chipping Inside in Practice

If you are like most people there are going to be days when you simply can’t get outside to practice chipping. Whether you are simply stuck inside during the winter months or you just want to practice some chipping or putting on a rainy day, these are some simple drills you can use when getting outside simply is not an option.

First, you are probably going to want to pick up some soft practice balls. I use Callaway Soft Flight Practice Golf Balls because they are still going simulate actual ball flight, but they are much less likely to do any damage to anything in your home. If you have a lot of room you can also use real balls, just be sure you have some kind of padding for a target some you don’t risk breaking anything.

I recommend standing in front of a full-length mirror, which makes it easier to work on your address (set up before the shot). Your goal for chipping should be to set up with the ball about 2 inches behind center with your hands slightly in front of the ball. Also use this time to practice distributing your weight properly. Try to shift about 60% of your weight on your front foot with the remaining 40% on your back foot.

Once you get comfortable with your set up, start hitting a few balls toward your target. I use something like a plastic Solo cup because they are about the same size as a hole, but you really just need to have something to practice your aim and ball control with. Work on both landing the ball right on top of your target and stopping the ball close to the target.

Now that you have an idea of how to practice inside, be sure to read the rest of our golf chipping tips. We have tons of tips on technique, stance, and swings.

By:
Posted:



0 comments ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..

You must log in to post a comment.